Ripping off new customers who aren't familiar with Nutrisystem's kinks

194 of 270 Nutrisystem reviews

My order number, 639252739(A), was placed over the phone on 02/08/2015 due to an online Nutrisystem error.My total came to be $249.99.

At first I thought I would chose my customized order after the initial phone call, but it turns out the order was already placed with a “favorites pack” selection that was shipped on 02/09/2015. I was disappointed I wasn’t told over the phone I would be paying extra for the Core Plan, but I would be receiving the same meals as the Basic Plan customers. I looked over the first misrepresentation of service due to a $30.00 promotional discount. I received my package, and as expected there were many low quality, distasteful food items.

Nutrisystem guarantees a reminder and placed orders email, but they did not warn me of the possibility of the emails being sent into my spam folder. I receive every other email about promotional discounts and food offers from Nutrisystem so I had no way of knowing my reminder email to customize my order was in my spam folder. On 03/04/2015 my second order, 646490768(A), was shipped; with a total of $279.99, I had no way of customizing my order. For the second time I was ripped off my Nutristystem by paying for The Core Plan, but receiving The Basic Plan food selection.

I spoke to a customer service representative after I received my purchase. Since I was uninformed of the emails I believe I had a right of refund for the extra money I spent to have the customized selection with The Core Plan. The representative told me I could not receive a refund because weather I change my selections or not I am on The Core Plan. He informed me I could only exchange 12 items without a shipping fee, but the issue is that more than 12 items are inedible to me.

I have not used a counselor for more than once a week and for two shipments I received the Favorites Pack.

Essentially I am a Basic Plan customer but I was charged as a Core Plan customer.I am very dissatisfied with the service I received and wish to have a resolution of a partial refund for the lack of information of received emails and customizable procedures.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Refund policy

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Refund of my losses while charged as a "Corer Plan" customer while I was serviced as a "Basic Plan" customer
Monetary loss:
Product or service
28 Day Meal Plan
Review category
Weight Loss, Diets and Training
review #607565 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Nutrisystem? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
194 of 270 Nutrisystem reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
js

Mar 18, 2015 #960240 Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States

Good Afternoon Kayla,
I just wanted to follow up with you. I sent an email with all my contact information on March 13th, 2015. Did you receive? If not it might be in your junk mail.
i apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Regards,
Jean

0 0 Reply
jean

Mar 13, 2015 #957919 Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States

Good Afternoon Kayla,
I am sorry to hear that we have not met your expectations. We want to do everything we can to provide the best possible service to our customers.
An email has been sent with all my contact information.
i apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Regards,
Jean

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.