I looked into Nutrisystem to try to lose a few pounds. When signing up I changed my mind and then received an email stating that they would give me a sizable discount if I moved forward and I elected to do so.

After eating the food I decided that I did not wish to continue and called to cancel the service. I was then informed that there is an early cancellation fee of $125.00. I let them know that I was not informed when I signed up and was told that it is the terms and conditions. I did not see it anywhere and did not think I would need legal advice when signing up for a highly advertised diet plan.

I will dispute it with my credit card company when it arrives and I have legal zoom and will use that service as well.

This is not a reputable company. Stay away1

Review about: Nutrisystem Diet Plan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Nutrisystem1
Nutrisystem Verified Representative

Hello,Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear of your experience with the Auto Delivery.We offer a discounted rate for signing up for at least 2 orders.

There is a fee if you do not take the second shipment as per our Terms and Conditions.

These are listed online when signing up. We would be happy to review your concern in more detail.Please write us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com referencing your review, and please also include your email address or telephone number associated with your account and we will be in contact.We look forward to looking into this for you.The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

user38605566
to Nutrisystem1 #1445482

I have sent a complaint to the Attorney General. I feel the disclaimer for the $125 fee should be just as prevalent as the offer of a discount. In other words the disclaimer was ambiguous at best.

ehumphre
to user38605566 #1451750

This is a typical Nutrisystem response - they are hiding the hidden fee/cancellation policy to trap you - keep after them. Also post on Better Business Bureau sites.