3.2
Additional Fees

I signed up for one month with Nutrisystem to kickstart weight loss and just use lose a few pounds.I knew from the very beginning I did not want to do it for more than one month for various reasons.

The website pushes you to get the uniquely yours plan as their premium option for the package deal and costs more than $300 for the month because it allows for the most variety and choice. If there was somewhere to uncheck the auto delivery feature I certainly didn't see it and it was made purposely obscure when ordering products on their website. The auto delivery makes it so once you're nearing the end of one month the following month's supply is shipped out automatically and you are charged another 300 and some dollars automatically as well. I even read the fine print as I was buying my one month food supply and it said that as long as you call by a certain time before the end of the month they will cancel the auto delivery for you but it is mandatory that you actually call and speak to a representative.

I understand that; they are sales people and want to try to convince you to get another month. So when I called to cancel as I neared the end of my month, I was told that because I had signed up for a certain deal that it was a minimum of two months purchase. Now I'm sure that somewhere in some obscure place on their website in fine print it might say something about that. This is a for-profit company that surely pays its lawyers well to protect it and to meet the minimum requirements for consumer awareness laws.

But the fact that whatever plan I got was a minimum of two months purchase was certainly not made clear anywhere at all to me during my ordering process and I am frustrated that I'm being forced to get 2nd month's supply when I only wanted one.Many people just need he kickstart of a one month diet and it is ethically questionable to take advantage of consumers buy pigeonholing them into a minimum of two months and not warning them fairly in advance of this.

Review about: Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours Diet Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Nutrisystem?

Comments

Nutrisystem1
Nutrisystem Verified Representative

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We are very sorry to hear that there was some confusion over the Terms and Conditions on the auto-delivery programs. Please send us an email to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and we will be happy to look into this for you.

Have a wonderful day!