Resolved
3.3
Additional Fees

Update by user Jun 09

Nutrisystem finally issued a full refund as they promised they would.

Original review posted by user May 10

I've called Nutrisystem a couple of times over the past few weeks regarding my refund. My latest call was today.

I didn't find most of their food appealing after my first shipment so I cancelled future orders and was told I would be getting a refund of around $330.00. The problem I have with Nutrisystem is mostly with the time it takes to get a refund and getting information out of them regarding details of the refund process up front. I get the feeling that although they offer a guaranteed refund, they'd really rather that fact be overlooked by the consumer.

Today, I was told that they received my return shipment on 4/27/18 ( they promise a refund 7-14 days AFTER THEY RECEIVE YOUR RETURN) and that it will be no sooner than 5/17/18 when I receive a credit to the card I used for the initial purchase. That's 21 days from the time they received my return to the time I should get a refund on my card.

How ridiculous! When I return something purchased online at Walmart, my credit card usually reflects a credit in one or two days. Other merchants treat me the same as Walmart.

I am very dissatisfied with Nutrisystem and will never do business with the company again.

I do want to say that their customer service representatives are nice and cooperative. I bet they receive a lot of undeserved abuse from customers which is unfortunate and that is the fault of company policy, not the customer service people themselves.

Review about: Nutrisystem Diet Plan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Muffins were very good and the bars were pretty good, Packaging of items was professional, Chocolate oatmeal tasted great.

I didn't like: Time to receive guaranteed refund, Nonfrozen suppers.

Comments

nelsone201

I finally received a refund of $327.99 on 5/14/18. Nutrisystem wasn't for me and their refund process was extremely slow. Some people may like the food more than I did and lose weight on the program and that's great because being overweight is no fun.

Nutrisystem1
Nutrisystem Verified Representative

Good afternoon, and thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had pertaining to your refund.

Yes, unfortunately once a refund is approved, it may take 7-14 business days to reflect on your statement. If you receive confirmation from us that a refund was approved, you may contact the payment institution for updates on when it will be reflected as well. If there is any chance you'll need us to look into this further for you, we'd be happy to help.If there is anything else we might be able to do to assist you, please feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and mention this review.

Thank you very much and enjoy the rest of your day. - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team.

nelsone201
to Nutrisystem1 #1478730

I'll "enjoy the rest of my day" when I get my refund. I will expect it to be in the amount of $327.99 as promised to me by one of your customer service representatives on 5/2/18. After that, we can both enjoy the rest of our day.